Why Are My Dark Spots Not Going Away?
Ooops! Dark Spots..
Dealing with dark spots can be embarrassing, tiring and frustrating. Recently I was chatting with a lady and she told me how dark spots and hyper-pigmentation around her neck area is responsible for how she dresses. She will really like to dress more outgoing, and fun but she is so conscious and ashamed of the dark spot around her neck area that she is forced to stick with clothing options she really does not like just to hide her dark spots.
Have you tried to get rid of dark spots on face and they keep coming back? Don't fret, because you're definitely not alone. Dark marks or spots, as a result of hyperpigmentation, acne scars or blackheads, are by far one of the biggest skin issues for many people.
This is, especially noticed in people with medium to dark skin, as every little alteration is a trigger to produce excess melanin. Usually, the best way to find a solution is to ascertain the causes of your dark spots on body.Once you can figure that out, your discoloration will disappear naturally.
But Why Dark Spots???
There can be different reasons for dark spots on the face. The most common cause is UV exposure from either sun or tanning beds are detrimental to the skin in so many ways. Usually, specific parts of the body that are more susceptible are those exposed to the sun like the face, arms and feet. The only way to combat this is by using sunscreen with UVA protection and limit your exposure to direct sunlight.
Brown spots from sun damage usually appear on areas of the skin that are naturally exposed to the sun, such as the face and the back of the neck and arms. ... This skin condition is called melasma.
Acne scars are a problem for all the people who wish to look young and smart. A scarred face always troubles us and affects our psychology. Talk to people affected by acne scars all over their face and you will realize the impact of scars on the self-esteem and confidence.
Some other reasons why you might have dark spots on your face are;
- An irritation caused by a skin care product.
- Hormones usually related to pregnancy.
- An injury caused by an insect.
All of the aforementioned reasons are mild and can be reversed with a proper skin care routine.
Why Are My Dark Spots Still Lingering?
If you have lingering dark spots on skin that have refused to go away after a while, chances are you're doing either of the following;
- Not Wearing Proper Sunblock: UV rays are one of the primary causes of dark spots. To combat this, you need a sunblock with at least SPF 30 and iron oxide. Most sunblocks are made with zinc and titanium dioxide, which is great for UV rays from the sun. However, iron oxide protects you from light exposure from your mobile phone and computer screen.
- Not Carrying Out A Proper Skin Care Regimen: Dark spots on face do not go well with too many astringents and toner. Although they are great for preventing acne, using them too much can cause inflammation and dark spots or marks. Hence, it is advisable to use them 2-3 times weekly.
With these solutions in check, your dark marks or spots will fade out before you notice it.
Do Dark Spot Correctors Really Work?
The solutions to dark spots on skin are not limited to using the best sunblock and sticking to a good skin care regimen. Although there is a bit of controversy as to if dark spot correctors do work, the answer is YES!
However, the components are of importance. The use of organic natural ingredients cannot be undermined when it comes to treating dark spots, this is because natural ingredients contains no chemicals that can burn the or irritate the skin. It is highly potent and works mildly on the skin to help get rid of dark spots.
Some of the best dark spot correctors contain the following highly potent organic ingredients;
- Bilberry Extracts: Bilberry is an extract from blueberries known for its anti-inflammatory properties. Also, it is rich in vitamin A & C, as well as, botanical hydroquinone, which are great for the natural reduction of dark spots on skin. Also Contains arbutin which is a natural substance that naturally brightens the skin.
- Licorice Root Extract: Licorice is a plant extract famous for its brightening properties. The glabridin part of licorice inhibits pigmentation and known to fade out dark spots on skin, blemishes and even out the skin tone.
- Chamomile Extracts: If you're familiar with skin care, then you would know that a lot of estheticians recommend Chamomile for its anti-inflammatory purposes. This extract is great for healing the skin, as well as, fighting against acne and further breakout.
- Turmeric: Turmeric consists of curcumin, which naturally fades dark spots over time.Helps reduces hyper-pigmentation, encourages bright and even skin tone.
In conclusion, dark spots on the skin are somewhat inevitable, because some areas are susceptible to all kinds of damages. However, with a good skin care regimen, UV protection and dark spot correctors, your skin will be healthier and free from any other occurrences.